WE&T’s Operator Essentials column presents easily accessible and digestible fundamental information. Published since 2010, it is intended to share “what every operator should know” about each topic covered. The column is arranged as a grid of knowledge, principles, and practical considerations — each successive column provides more detailed information.
WEF Members get access to all installments of Operator Essentials.
The best place to access the archives is through Access Water, where you can download a PDF to print, or read and make notes in the Access Water platform. You will need to log in using your WEF credentials.
The following seven sample installments are presented open-access to show the what Operator Essentials has to offer.
- Collection systems odor corrosion control – March 2016
- Trickling filters – August 2013
- Biological phosphorus removal – July 2013
- Sodium hypochlorite – March 2011
- Anaerobic digestion – December 2012
- Biosolids land application – December 2014
- Public Outreach – September 2013