The manual presents an overview of the information technology (IT) systems, practices, and applications most relevant to utilities. This resource covers strategic planning, IT program development, project management, infrastructure, security, organizational issues, success factors, and challenges.
Technology and utilities’ application of technology have evolved significantly since the original publication of MOP 33, yet many of the core principles for the successful application of information technology (IT) remain. This new edition covers the same fundamental principles and most common systems addressed in the first edition, while updating areas where the application of technology has changed significantly and highlighting areas of growing focus or concern, including cybersecurity and data governance.
Key Features of Information Technology for Water and Wastewater Utilities, MOP 33, 2nd Edition include:
- Provides best IT practices for utilities
- Features a new chapter with up-to-date cybersecurity coverage
- Increased focus on data management and practices to ensure data quality
- Includes guidance on how to fit an IT plan into the wider business context of a utility
- Update case studies for the new edition