The Schroepfer Medal recognizes excellence in conceiving and directing the design of a project to achieve substantial cost savings or economic benefit, while achieving environmental objectives. The medal is in honor of George J. Schroepfer, WEF's third President, and an educator who stressed the economics in design of wastewater facilities. This award is presented to an engineering consultant, municipal engineer, or industrial engineer who is a professional engineer in responsible charge of the design of facilities for the conveyance, treatment or disposal of wastewater and/or treatment residues.
- Nominees should be engineering consultants, municipal engineers, or industrial engineers who are professional engineers in responsible charge of the design of facilities for the conveyance, treatment or disposal of wastewater and/or treatment residues. This award may be presented to an individual, as well as or to groups or organizations led by a professional engineer.
- Nominees must have demonstrated excellence in conceiving and directing the design of a project to achieve substantial cost savings or economic benefit or impacted affordability over other alternatives, while achieving environmental objectives.
- Projects must have been in operation for a period of one (1) year and not more than five (5) years.
- Nominees must be members in good standing of the Water Environment Federation.
WEF Membership Requirements for Application
Both the Nominee and Nominator must be current (not expired) WEF Members, in order for the Nominee to be considered for this Award.
*If the nomination is being submitted by a Member Association (MA) or Community/Committee, please indicate the MA name or Community/Committee name within the application in lieu of a WEF Member ID #.
If needed, contact WEF’s Customer Service Center for WEF Member ID information: email@example.com | 1-800-666-0206 | 703-684-2400 | International Members/Customers: 1-571-830-1545
- Online Nomination Form
- One page biography of the nominee
- Specific reasons for nomination (one page maximum)
- Any other supporting material required under Criteria or that you feel would be helpful in the selection process.
Nominations Accepted From:
WEF Member Associations
Application will be available annually on January 15 and close annually on March 31 at 11:59PM (Eastern).