UPDATED JANUARY 20, 2022
WEF is implementing the following health and well-being protocols for participants at all 2022 in-person meetings and events. These protocols were developed based on U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance. WEF may adjust our health and well-being protocols as necessary.
- Show proof of full vaccination* OR of a negative COVID-19 test result (test taken no more than 48-hours before arriving) to pick up your badge or to register onsite.
Vaccination Record Options: you can bring either a hard copy of your vaccination record or present a digital copy for verification onsite at Badge Pickup/Registration.
Acceptable COVID-19 Tests: Rapid Antigen or Rapid Molecular (PCR) test results generated from an official medical agency/clinic are acceptable. Antibody tests are NOT acceptable.
- Wear a mask while attending sessions/meetings and engaging with other participants at functions (masks may be removed for eating/drinking). This is to maximize protection for each individual participant and reduce the possibility of spreading COVID-19. The CDC currently recommends KN95 or N95 masks as the most effective at reducing transmission of COVID-19, when worn consistently and correctly. Learn More.
*The CDC defines fully vaccinated as:
- 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are NOT fully vaccinated. WEF recommends that you follow CDC guidance and stay up-to-date with your vaccines. Learn More.
Session/Meeting Capacities: expect that session and meeting room set-ups will consider moderate physical distance, which may reduce capacity. For example, seating may be limited to four or five people per round table and theater chairs may be placed with 3-feet of distance between each chair.
As of December 22, 2021 - Employees of the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis (venue) are currently required to wear masks at all times, regardless of vaccination status, while inside of the hotel.
- The hotel is offering limited Food and Bar services and Housekeeping services. Traditional room service delivery is not available, but meals can be ordered for pick-up or to-go from the Market or Prairie Kitchen and Bar.
- Learn about Hyatt's Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment.
Nearby COVID-19 Testing Locations:
View coronavirus data and statistics from the State of Minnesota.
Federal government resources to assist you with travel and health concerns:
If you are traveling from outside of the continental U.S., review and note the requirements and restrictions that may impact your plans: