The Stormwater Community provides leadership and a voice for effective stormwater management by developing high-quality technical products and programming to support stormwater professionals.
The WEF Stormwater Community's mission is to provide leadership and advocate for effective stormwater management by developing high-quality technical products and programming to support stormwater professionals, promote innovation in the field, support policies that recognize the importance of implementing sound management principles, encourage communication and outreach with the public and decision-makers, and collaborate with organizations and groups to advance the field.
Leadership Focus Groups Stormwater Institute
Elizabeth Krousel, 2023 - 2025
James Houle, 2023 - 2025
Tel: (603) 862-1445
2nd Vice Chair
Alex Miller, 2023 - 2025
Mark Doneux, 2021 - 2023
WEF Staff Manager
Tel: 703-684-2400 ext. 7050
Stormwater Community Focus Groups
Funding and Finance
Laura Adams - Chair
Green Infrastructure and SCMs
Cindy Baumann - Chair
Elyse Smith - Chair
Richard Haimann - Vice-Chair
Innovation and Technology
Mark Van Auken - Chair
Colette Easter - Vice-Chair
Policy, Governance, and Regulation
Andy Sauer - Chair
Public Outreach, Education, and Collaboration
Amanda White - Chair
Nitin Katiyar - Chair
Fernando Pasquel - Vice-Chair
The Stormwater Institute (SWI) was originally conceived for organizations (not individuals) to provide funding for efforts in meeting critical needs within the stormwater sector.
History of SWI
As the Stormwater Community at WEF has matured, SWI has evolved to become an affinity group within this community. Today, the Stormwater Institute is made up of sponsors, donors, and corporate partners who work to benefit the overall Stormwater Community.
These organizations have shown their commitment to supporting the development of stormwater solutions and policy development via SWI and are leaders in stormwater management in their own right.
- Boston Water and Sewer Commission, MA
- Capital Region Water, Harrisburg, PA
- Capitol Region Watershed District, Saint Paul, MN
- City of Baltimore Department of Public Works, MD
- DC Water and Sewer Authority
- Fairfax County, VA
- Kansas City Water Services Department, MO
- Metropolitan Sewer District Louisville, KY
- Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati, OH
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, IL
- Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, WI
- Montgomery County, MD
- New Orleans Delegation, LA
- Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority, PA
- San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, CA
- Sanitation District No. 1 of Northern Kentucky
- 2NDNATURE Software
- AbTech Industries, Inc.
- Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc.
- Atkins, a Member of SNC-Lavalin
- Black & Veatch Corporation
- CDM Smith
- Contech Engineered Solutions, LLC
- Convergent Water Technologies
- EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC
- Greyline Instruments
- Hazen and Sawyer
- Herrera Environmental Consultants
- Jacobs Engineering Group
- Larry Walker Associates
- Michael Baker International
- Oldcastle Precast – Stormwater
- OptiRTC, Inc.
- Stantec Consulting
- Tetra Tech, Inc.
- Woodard & Curran