As a membership organization, WEF understands the value of member engagement and using the collective knowledge of an entire profession to further its mission of improving water quality around the world.
More than 2,500 WEF members participate in WEF committee activities, developing conference programs, writing technical manuals and books, developing training materials and program content, and many other WEF program activities.
WEF technical committees provide the expertise that makes WEF one of the world's leading water quality organizations. WEF committees help develop WEF policy positions, write and peer review books and training materials, and plan and deliver workshops and conferences.
Volunteering on a WEF committee is an opportunity for you to help shape the water quality field today and for tomorrow.
Our numerous committees work together to create a strong, unified force aimed at improving water quality management. Each committee focuses on a different aspect of water and wastewater management. Whether you want to participate in water quality analysis, make changes to guidelines, or help with the management of WEF itself, contact us today to see which committee is right for you.
Membership is required for committee participation. Please click here to become a member of the Water Environment Federation.
To apply to a committee(s), please go to [email protected] and send an email with the following information:
- WEF ID Number
- Committee of Interest. If applying to more than one committee, please provide a separate email for each.
- One to two sentences explaning your interest in the committee.
Volunteer Service Recognition Program: click here
- WEF Volunteer Responsibilities and Indemnification
- Volunteer Handbook
- WEF and MA Committee Communication Initiative
- WEF/MA Committee Mapping
- Sunset Review Policy
- Committee Leadership Matrix
- ConcEPT Form
- Bite Sized Products
- Staff-Volunteer Roles Matrix
- Webcast Guidance Document
- CLC Roster of Chairs and Vice-Chairs
- CLC Organizational Chart and Committee Restructuring
- CLC Review of Roles & Responsibilities Matrix
- Communication Guidance
- WEF Committee Manual
- WEF Strategic Plan
- Community of Practice Director Application 2021
- Air Quality and Odor Control
- Awards & Recognitions
- Collection Systems
- Committee Leadership Council (CLC)
- Constitution and Bylaws
- Disinfection and Public Health
- Government Affairs Committee
- Industrial Wastewater
- Intelligent Water Technology
- Laboratory Practices
- Manufacturers and Representatives
- Municipal Resource Recovery Design
- Operations Challenge
- Plant Operations and Maintenance
- Program Committee
- Public Communication and Outreach
- Research and Innovation
- Residuals and Biosolids
- Safety, Cyber and Infrastructure Security Committee
- Small Community
- Students and Young Professionals
- Technical Practice
- Utility Management
- Water Reuse
- Watershed Management