The Small Community Committee provides a forum for the transfer of technology and training between local decision-makers and operators of small community facilities.
The Small Community Committee supports WEF membership to better assist small communities with sustainable solutions. The Small Community Committee vision is to seek out, assess, and promote those skills, technologies, processes, and structures that contribute to the sustainable preservation and enhancement of the water environment.
The guiding principles of the committee include:
- Integrate management of all water resources.
- Promote affordable and effective solutions and management for small communities.
- Facilitate sustainable practices in small community infrastructure.
Scope of committee activities include:
- Development of workshops and technical sessions for specialty conferences and WEFTEC®
- Development of content for WEF publications such as WE&T
- Development of webcasts related to small community topics
- Development of publications related to small community topics
- Liaising with other WEF committees: Disinfection and Public Health Committee, Watershed Management Committee and Technical Practice Committee
Committee members volunteer through:
- Attendance at meetings
- Participation in WEFCOM discussions
- Volunteering for committee activities
The Small Community Committee meets in-person at WEFTEC® and once a year via an in-person/teleconference meeting.
All committee members are invited to initiate and/or participate in online SCC discussions and upload or access documents via the WEFCOM Small Community Page.
For more information on participating as an active member in WEF Small Community Committee, contact the SCC chair.