The Water Environment Federation (WEF) on February 8 sent a letter to the Joseph Biden administration expressing wishes to work with the administration to advance policies and programs that protect America’s water resources.
Many of President Biden's stated priorities align with WEF’s mission. In the coming months, WEF will work with the administration to provide more context and details about the challenges and opportunities for the water sector. These include:
- rebuilding U.S. water infrastructure,
- developing climate change resilience,
- addressing water affordability,
- providing jobs and a strong workforce,
- delivering environmental justice, and
- protecting public health using wastewater-based epidemiology, particularly for coronavirus.
Download the letter WEF sent to the Biden administration.