WEF volunteers are the lifeblood of the organization and it is essential we recognize our outstanding volunteers.
The Committee Leadership Council (CLC) and House of Delegates (HOD) created this Volunteer Service Recognition to recognize those members who significantly contribute to the successes and achievements of WEF through service in a WEF Committee or the HOD. A Service Recognition Pin will be presented to each recipient in recognition of the honor.
Criteria for Recognition:
- Must be a member of WEF for a minimum of five years and an active committee member or an active HOD workgroup or committee member - a maximum of 15 recipients will be selected in any given year (12 committee members/3 HOD members).
- Provided significant contributions to WEF via:
- Leadership above and beyond in a committee, task force, workgroup, or sub-group of a committee or workgroup
- Significant and/or substantial service to a committee or workgroup
- Contributed unique, innovative, or creative perspectives to a committee or workgroup
- Other criteria to consider:
- Efforts contributed to the committee, task force, or workgroup
- Provided mentoring and/or support to other WEF members
- Served as a liaison to other committees, task forces, or workgroups in addition to a primary role in committee, task force, or workgroup
- Encouraged involvement by other committee, workgroup, or taskforce members
- This recognition is not intended for presenting papers, publications, or speaking at workshops.
- Volunteer Service Recognition nominees are recommended by the individual CLC or HOD committees, task forces or workgroups and submitted to the respective CLC or HOD Steering Committee.
- Nominations from the CLC are to be supported by the committee steering sub-committee, the committee nominating sub-committee, committee staff liaison, CoP Director and CLC Steering Committee.
- Nominations from the HOD are to be supported by the HOD Steering Committee, staff liaison, and Speaker of the House.
- Nominations are accepted from all committees and typically are limited to one individual per committee.
- Committee members can nominate individuals through their committee leadership. Individuals may not nominate themselves.
- Nominations are submitted through the online application link below and must be received no later than July 1, 2022.
- Review and selection of recipients will be completed by July 29.
- Recipients of Recognition will be notified by committee leadership/chairs after CLC or HOD Steering committee makes selections. Notifications will be completed by August 30.
- Recipients will be recognized at WEFTEC 2022 and will receive a VSR pin.
Volunteer Service Recognition Pin
WEF Staff Contacts:
Trudi Bick, [email protected] - Committees
703-684-2400 ext. 7830
Kelsey Hurst, [email protected] - House of Delegates
WEF, 601 Wythe St.
Alexandria, VA 22314