How This Position Contributes To The Team
The Specialist, Sponsorships is responsible for sponsorship contracting, billing, fulfillment, and logistics for WEFTEC and specialty conferences. Develops print and online promotional materials for WEFTEC. Supports development of Specialty Conference promotional, print and online materials in coordination with Corporate Development and other internal teams. Manages sponsor communications, including specifications and updates. Manages WEFTEC sponsorships onsite.
NOTE: This position is currently 80% remote work, 20% work in office as of April 2022. The level of remote work is subject to change.
- Manages logistics and fulfillment for WEFTEC sponsorships sold by sales representatives
- Develops and maintains sponsorship print and digital sponsorship marketing collateral, including sponsorship brochure, online listings, and third-party sites
- Collaborates across multiple departments to collect and communicate sponsor requirements
- Checks client memberships, creates sponsorship addendums and invoices
- Develops and maintains tracking of sponsorship collateral; manages follow-up calendar
- Manages sourcing of sponsorships giveaways for WEFTEC
- Manages online sign and banner portal, EnVision
- Manages onsite sponsorship signage and logistics, including sign orders, proofs, and approvals for WEFTEC
- Develops WEFTEC sponsor ROI reports and specialty conferences
- Provides cross-functional team support as needed
- 3+ years sales, sales support, administrative, marketing, or other directly relevant experience
- Previous business to business sales experience; Exhibit/sponsorship experience preferred
- Excellent people skills with strong customer service orientation
- Deadline and detail oriented with accurate follow-through
- Excellent project, organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including good phone and email manners
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office 365, Teams, SharePoint, Word, and Excel; Map Your Show, Fonteva, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator with knowledge of graphic file formats, appropriate uses, and terminology
- Ability to work as part of a team while achieving individual goals
Competencies identified by WEF that should be demonstrated by all employees across the Conferences & Education Team.
- Accountability - Accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities and works with a variety of situations, individuals, groups, and varying customer needs.
- Initiative - Takes prompt action to accomplish tasks and meet goals and objectives.
- Teamwork & Cooperation - Creates team spirit by speaking positively of others to promote a friendly climate and strong morale; shows confidence in others; recognizes their ability to meet expectations and to contribute effectively to the team’s duties.
- Quantity/Quality of work - Pays close attention to detail. Strives to achieve accuracy and consistency in all tasks.
- Service Orientation – Applies effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills when responding to clients.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Relationship Building - The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication - Listens; speaks and writes clearly and concisely.
- Decision Making - Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Development & Continual Improvement - Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement; desires and makes an effort to acquire new knowledge or skills for work.
- Ethics & Integrity - Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Flexibility - Adapting to and working with a variety of situations, individuals, and groups. Open to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
- Initiative - Recognizes situations that warrant initiative and moves forward without hesitation; work independently with little supervision; reasonably resolves issues, problems, or situations.
- Interpersonal Skills - Gets along and interacts positively with co-workers and others; understands and relates to others.
This person will work primarily in an office or home-office environment using standard office equipment, but onsite duties will require longer periods of standing and/or walking.
Please complete the online application.
The Water Environment Federation (WEF) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age marital status, or physical handicap.
WEF requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Who We Are
WEF is a not-for-profit technical and educational organization of about 30,000 individual members and 75 affiliated Member Associations representing water quality professionals around the world. Since 1928, WEF and its members have protected public health and the environment. As a global water sector leader, our mission is to connect water professionals, enrich the expertise of water professionals, increase the awareness of the impact and value of water, and provide a platform for water sector innovation.
The Water Environment Federation (WEF) maintains diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) as core principles of our organization’s mission. Our members, Board of Trustees (BOT), volunteer leaders, and staff together and individually share responsibility to uphold these principles. We are committed to creating an organization that acknowledges and celebrates our unique differences including education, career background, age, gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability status, accent, socioeconomic status, cultural heritage and religion, parental status, marital status, veteran, personality type, political perspective, and all other characteristics of DE&I.
WEF offers our employees an outstanding benefit package that includes retirement savings options, flexible work schedules, generous Paid Time Off (PTO) as well as health, dental, life and disability insurance. WEF also provides opportunities for professional development and tuition reimbursement.