WEF is seeking a customer-service oriented Membership Manager. This role works closely with the team to implement select membership recruitment, retention, and engagement activities. This employee will oversee all membership functions associated with the Utility Partnership Program (UPP) including customer interface, membership adjustments, and invoicing.
The WEF office is in Alexandria, VA (Washington, DC metro area). This position is currently 100% remote work and is scheduled to transition to 80% remote work, 20% work in office. The level of remote work is subject to change.
- Work with Sr. Director Membership and Customer Relations to support WEF’s general membership recruitment, engagement, and retention initiatives activities including review and proofing acquisition campaign copy for accuracy.
- Manage recruitment, retention, invoicing and customer service efforts for WEF’s Utility Partnership Program (UPP).
- Manage data governance and ongoing data hygiene for Membership, including AMS membership profile (information update) initiatives.
- Administer lapsed member win back campaigns with support from the membership team.
- Administer new member and ongoing member engagement touch points, ensuring quarterly updates of organization wide up to date information, with support from the membership team.
- Review and track analytics for each member segment to support retention efforts.
- Support the creation of periodic member experience surveys to all segments and help implement any actionable feedback.
- Assist with monthly membership reports, as needed.
- Contributes to budget development and participates in financial projections and invoice coding/tracking.
- Provides support for other membership related tasks, including interfacing with external customer service vendor, as necessary.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to research, troubleshoot, document and guide customers through their WEF membership experience to positively affect customer loyalty.
- Tracks membership collateral inventory and ensures adequate levels of inventory are maintained.
- Updates content on WEF membership pages quarterly with up-to-date information in addition to urgent updates.
What the Successful Candidate Brings to the WEF Team
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as membership manager in an association or other member-focused, nonprofit environment.
- Experience working in an AMS or CRM (Salesforce or Fonteva experience strongly preferred).
- Ability to work well under pressure, determine priorities, manage complex projects with accuracy and produce results.
- Comfortable working within a highly, collaborative team and connecting with staff across organization on projects and problem solving.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of membership lifecycle and excellent customer-service ethic and responsiveness.
- Ability to work collaboratively in formal teams and informal working groups, as well as independently.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff including a pleasant, friendly, and courteous telephone manner
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Teams, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and other productivity tools.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and able to present information persuasively to different audiences.
- Comfortable with brainstorming and developing new processes while exhibiting openness to others’ views.
- Available to travel to WEF's annual conference, WEFTEC, in October.
This person will work primarily in an office or home office environment using standard office equipment.
Please complete the online application.
WEF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age marital status, or physical handicap.
WEF requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Who We Are
The Water Environment Federation (WEF) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age marital status, or physical handicap.
WEF is a not-for-profit technical and educational organization of about 30,000 individual members and 75 affiliated Member Associations representing water quality professionals around the world. Since 1928, WEF and its members have protected public health and the environment. As a global water sector leader, our mission is to connect water professionals, enrich the expertise of water professionals, increase the awareness of the impact and value of water, and provide a platform for water sector innovation.
The Water Environment Federation (WEF) maintains diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) as core principles of our organization’s mission. Our members, Board of Trustees (BOT), volunteer leaders, and staff together and individually share responsibility to uphold these principles. We are committed to creating an organization that acknowledges and celebrates our unique differences including education, career background, age, gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability status, accent, socioeconomic status, cultural heritage and religion, parental status, marital status, veteran, personality type, political perspective, and all other characteristics of DE&I.
WEF offers our employees an outstanding benefit package that includes retirement savings options, flexible work schedules, generous Paid Time Off (PTO) as well as health, dental, life and disability insurance. WEF also provides opportunities for professional development and tuition reimbursement.