The Water Environment Federation (WEF) is seeking an experienced and strategic Senior Manager of Membership who will be responsible for supporting WEF's strategic goal of membership growth, retention and engagement. We are looking for someone who can anticipate, plan and organize membership activities, work independently, coordinate multiple tasks, prioritize assignments, be detailed-oriented, and be able to meet required deadlines.
- Working with Senior Director, Membership and Customer Relations, to contribute to the development and execution of comprehensive, multi-level and integrated membership recruitment and retention plans, and programs to support the strategic objectives of WEF.
- Ensuring superior customer service is provided to members and potential members by managing outside vendor and making sure Member Service representatives are fully trained on all aspects of the WEF and have access to necessary tools to perform their job. Ensuring standard operating procedures (SOPs) are written and kept up to date for all Member Service representative tasks and functions. Identifying areas lacking in procedure or documentation and working with Senior Director, Membership and Customer Relations to reduce and eliminate gaps.
- Working in coordination with the Senior Director, Membership and Customer Relations to ensure the membership value proposition and messages are relevant and compelling across all membership segments and other key demographics.
- Interdepartmental collaboration to ensure the membership value proposition is clearly and consistently communicated through all communication vehicles (i.e., website, social media, and marketing collateral).
- Managing the member renewal and engagement program. Working in close coordination with IT, marketing and customer relations teams to ensure all aspects of the program work smoothly and with the highest levels of quality/accuracy.
- Overseeing the onboarding and outreach to new members and coordination of ongoing communications with members, prospects, and lapsed members.
- Managing external relationships with telemarketing firm to retain lapsed members and recruit new members to include script refinement, data pulls, and analysis.
- Managing WEF Career Center program, with duties including but not limited to working with third-party vendor who manages the technology platform, preparation and deployment of promotional content, overseeing special activities and events, collaboration with other business units; etc.
- Developing and implementing testing and measurement strategy for the mailed renewal series and telemarketing initiatives.
- Finding creative ways to promote membership benefits/perks such as print ads, e-newsletter blurbs, video, articles, social media, etc.
- Providing recommendations for recruitment and retention strategies based on trends.
- Assisting with the preparation of the membership recruitment and retention budgets.
- Managing other membership projects as determined in support of membership program objectives.
- BA or BS in marketing, communications, business or related field; or a combination of education and experience.
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) preferred.
- 6-8 years’ experience in a membership role in an association, foundation or other 501c organization.
- Experience with direct mail marketing, member communications, and membership acquisition, engagement and retention programs.
- Experience with database system organization, best practices, and operations.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of information, including the ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data.
- Excellent customer-service ethic and responsiveness.
- Ability to work collaboratively in formal teams and informal working groups, as well as independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure, determine priorities, manage budgets, and produce results.
- Excellent organizational skills. Must be detail-oriented and strong multi-tasking ability, often with tight and/or changing deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and able to present information persuasively to different audiences.
- Strategic thinker and visionary leader with a passionate and optimistic mentality.
- Exceptional communication and public relations abilities, both written and verbal.
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint presentations, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must demonstrate accuracy and seek to improve/promote quality in the organization while exhibiting objectivity and openness to others’ views.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]
WEF is an equal opportunity employer