1. Eligibility: This Photo Contest is open only to those who register at https://www.facebook.com/WaterEnvironmentFederation/app/451684954848385 and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of Entry. Employees of the Water Environment Federation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Photo Contest. The Photo Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By submission of your Entry, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, including without limitation your grant of a non-exclusive license for the use of your Entry, as further set forth herein. You also represent and warrant that You meet all of the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Water Environment Federation as final and binding as it relates to this Photo Contest.
3. Photo Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 1, 2018, 12 a.m., EST and ending October 30, 2018, 11:59 p.m., EST. All online entries must be received by October 30, 2018, 11:59 p.m., EST.
4. How to Enter: The Photo Contest must be entered by submitting an Entry including the photograph (“Entry”) using the online form provided at https://www.facebook.com/WaterEnvironmentFederation/app/451684954848385. The Entry must fulfill all Photo Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Water Environment Federation. Violation of the Rules may remove You from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Water Environment Federation.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Photo Contest (the “Winner”) will receive the following prizes:
- Three (3) winners will receive:
- One (1) Water Environment & Technology magazine Photo Contest winner trophy
- Exclusive Water Environment & Technology magazine decals
- Exposure on social media and in an upcoming issue of Water Environment & Technology magazine
- ~$25 value
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Water Environment Federation. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Water Environment Federation's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Water Environment Federation to use Winner’s name, likeness, and Entry (including photograph) for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not increase the odds of winning. The odds of winning depend in part upon the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a community vote under the supervision of the Water Environment Federation. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The Water Environment Federation shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Photo Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE WATER ENVIRONMENT FEDERATION‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE PHOTO CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Representations and Rights Granted by You: By entering this Photo Contest, You grant the Water Environment Federation, anyone acting on behalf of the Water Environment Federation, and the Water Environment Federation’s licensees, successors, and assigns, the nonexclusive right to reproduce, print, publish, broadcast, distribute, display, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your Entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Photo Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. You further represent and warrant that your Entry is an original work of authorship, that you are the sole copyright owner of the Entry (or you have received all necessary permissions from the copyright owner, including permission to enter this Photo Contest pursuant to these Rules, and the authority and permission to grant the rights set forth herein for Water Environment Federation’s use of the Entry), that your Entry does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights, and that you have obtained permission from any persons included in the Entry (i.e., pictured in your photograph) for use in this Photo Contest as set forth herein. If your Entry infringes the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Water Environment Federation. If the content of your Entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Water Environment Federation from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Water Environment Federation may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of any third party claims related to your Entry, including without limitation copyright infringement and invasion of privacy.
9. Terms & Conditions: The Water Environment Federation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Photo Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Water Environment Federation’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Photo Contest. In such case, the Water Environment Federation may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Water Environment Federation. The Water Environment Federation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Photo Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Water Environment Federation has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Photo Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Photo Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Photo Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Water Environment Federation reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Water Environment Federation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) Your participation in the Photo Contest, (ii) any acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iv) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (v) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Promotion; (vi) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS PHOTO CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF VIRGINIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Photo Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Photo Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Virginia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Photo Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Water Environment Federation
601 Wythe Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
United States of America
Requests must be received no later than October 30, 2018.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Photo Contest is
Water Environment Federation
601 Wythe Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
United States of America
15. No other affiliations: The Photo Contest hosted by the Water Environment Federation is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. By checking the appropriate box on the Photo Contest Entry form, You, the Contestant, indicate that you have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to the Rules herein.
17. Contact: Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to [email protected].