Putting Wastewater and Environmental Designs to the Test
Students present new wastewater and environmental designs at the WEF Student Design Competition.
The Student Design Competition (SDC) begins at the Member Association (MA) level. Each MA is encouraged to develop their own Student Design Competition based on a chosen design problem or allow student teams to bring problems they are currently working on.
The winner of an MA competition will be invited to compete at WEFTEC in the coming year. If only one school is willing to participate within the MA, that team may compete at WEFTEC assuming they meet the 2020 guidlines. A summary of changes to the 2020 SDC is also available for quick reference.
2019 Winning Teams
- University of Colorado-Boulder (RMWEA)
- North Carolina State University (NCAWWA-WEA)
- Utah State University (WEA of Utah)
- Milwaukee School of Engineering (CSWEA)
Water Environment Category:
1. University of British Columbia (BCWWA)
2. Georgia Institute of Technology (GAWP)
3. Northeastern University (NEWEA)
4. University of Central Florida (FWEA)