The WEF Public Communication & Outreach Program Awards recognize WEF members for significant accomplishments in promoting public awareness and the understanding of water environment issues through the development and implementation of outreach, education and/or communication programs. WEF Member Associations, individual WEF members, and other (non-WEF/MA) organizations, including groups, events and campaigns, are eligible for this award.
Please review the categories below and confirm that your nomination is made for the applicable category. If clarification is needed, please contact the WEF PCOC Awards Subcommittee.
i. Individual - to be awarded to an individual person, who is a WEF member, for extraordinary communication and outreach efforts.
ii. WEF Member Association (MA) Visit the MA Resource Center for a listing of the eligible MAs) - to be awarded to a WEF Member Association or to a utility or civic program, project, or effort specifically sponsored or recommended by a WEF MA in recognition of outstanding, unique, and/or effective communicative, educational association outreach program development.
iii. Utilities, Corporations, or Groups - to be awarded to recognize an exceptional project, program, or other outreach effort by a utility, corporation, or group of individuals including WEF or MA member involvement but outside of the WEF/MA organization.
Purpose of Award Program:
To encourage, recognize, and reward WEF-affiliated individuals and groups that provide exemplary effort to engage and educate the public on water environment issues via WEF-driven outreach, public education and/or public communications programs and activities.
Evaluation Criteria (Same for each Category):
- Originality/Creative Use of WEF Materials.
- Enthusiasm of sponsoring entity and the public that was the target of the program.
- Depth and breadth of audience reached.
- Use of creative or innovative concepts or application.
- Ability to set and achieve goals, demonstrated by measurable results.
- Level of volunteer efforts as opposed to paid assistance. If paid assistance is used (which is understood to sometimes be required), provide the justification as to why it was required.
- Program continuity – is the event one-time, repetitive, or is undergoing development.
- Involvement of youth, Young Professionals, other constituencies.
- Training, mentoring, and/or succession planning elements if the program is repetitive or ongoin
- Sphere of outreach - local; regional; national; government influence.
How to apply:
- Online Nomination Form
- One-page background information: for category i award, pertinent biography of individual nominee(s); for category ii award, history of MA or related program nominee; for category iii award, description and history of utility, corporation, or group nominee(s).
- Specific reasons for nomination (one page maximum).
- A detailed narrative description of the activities or efforts, including the objectives, results, exceptional creativity, influence, use of resources, other remarkable features, accomplishments (three page maximum)
- Documented evidence of the individual's or program's results and lasting effects (one page maximum)
- WEF Member Associations and Committees
- WEF Individual Members
- WEF Business and Corporate Members Committees
- Outside Organization (if the effort is led by a WEF Individual or Corporate Member)
- A final copy of your nomination must be received by April 1, 2021.
Tori Cox, Awards Program Manager
Phone: 703-684-2400 ext. 7070