The purpose of the award is to acknowledge those WEF members who have had a significant impact on the professional and personal development of one or more water quality professionals, including providing personal, social, and intellectual support.
This award is intended to recognize the life-altering impact that one person can have on a person or number of people in one of the following ways:
- Intellectual support: Helps the mentee develop ideas constructively (e.g., by brainstorming, offering a sounding board, suggesting a diverse perspective, providing written feedback) - investing one's intellectual capital in the servie of mentees.
- Social support: Helps the mentee develop a professional network that will allow him/her to be successful (e.g., introducing them to others, writing reference letters, suggesting them as co-authors/reviewers/editors) - investing one's social capital in the service of mentees.
- Personal support: Genuinely cares about the well-being and development of the mentee (e.g., encouragement through difficult times, helps maintain self-efficacy, provides perspective or specific career/work strategies) - investing one's mental energy in the service of mentees.
- Nominee must be a member in good standing of the Water Environment Federation.
- Nominations must come from one or more water quality professional(s) who have been positively impacted by the nominee during their career(s).
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
i. Online nomination form
ii. 300-word citation
iii. Mentee Letter(s) of Support (1 page each, no more than 5)
iv. List of Mentees
v. Description of Mentorship Activities and Reach - clearly and succintly describe the mentor's activities
Application will be available annually on January 15 and close March 31.