Small Community Committee
The Small Community Committee supports WEF membership to better assist small communities with sustainable solutions. The Small Community Committee vision is to seek out, assess, and promote those skills, technologies, processes, and structures that contribute to the sustainable preservation and enhancement of the water environment.
The guiding principles of the committee include:
- Integrate management of all water resources.
- Promote affordable and effective solutions and management for small communities.
- Facilitate sustainable practices in small community infrastructure.
Scope of committee activities include:
- Development of workshops and technical sessions for specialty conferences and WEFTEC®
- Development of content for WEF publications such as WE&T
- Development of webcasts related to small community topics
- Development of publications related to small community topics
- Liaising with other WEF communities: Disinfection and Public Health Community, Watershed Management Community and Technical Practice Community.
Committee members volunteer through:
- Attendance at meetings
- Participation in WEF Community discussions
- Volunteering for committee activities
The Small Community Committee meets in person at WEFTEC® and once a year via an in-person/teleconference meeting.
Victor D'Amato, 2021 - 2023
Uma Vempati, 2021 - 2023
Tel: (612) 209-1912
WEF Staff Manager
Tel: 703-684-2400, ect 7830