State Organizer Materials
The U.S. Stockholm Junior Water Prize competition is made possible through a collaborative effort between the Water Environment Federation and its local Member Associations (MAs) across the country. Each state competition is sponsored by an MA and has a designated state organizer. Each state identifies and sends a winner (or winning team) to the U.S. national competition.
To find out more about your state competition or to contact a state organizer, visit the State Deadlines and Awards List.
If you are a state organizer, the following resources are available to help you run your competition.
Organizing a State Competition
- State Organizer's Handbook (PDF): Find out how to get your state competition started and everything else you'll need to know throughout the year.
- State Organizer's Webcast (recorded 12/19/12): Watch this recorded presentation to get tips for running a successful state competition. Please note: The webcast recording is available for free, but you will be prompted to register or login before you can view the recording. Also, please allow time for the presentation to buffer.
- Potential Research Topics List (PDF): Share this list with students or teachers who are looking for project ideas.
Promoting a State Competition
Judging a State Competition
- List of ISEF Competitions (website): Visit this site to help identify local fairs in your area.
- Judging Criteria (PDF): Share this form with your judging panel to streamline the judging process.
- Science Fair Letter (Word Doc): Customize this letter and present to students with the SJWP Regional Certificate to let them know your MA supports the competition.
- Promotional Cards (Word Doc): Print these customizable cards and hand them out at science fairs to let students know you have reviewed their project.
- Middle School Certificate (Word Doc): Customize with your MA's logo and award this certificate to junior-level projects at your local science fairs. Please refrain from manipulating other sponsor logos in any way.
Fundraising for a State Competition
- Budget Worksheet (Word Doc): Calculate your expenses and learn which efforts might best help you raise funds.
- Sponsor Letter Template (Word Doc): Customize and distribute to potential sponsors to request support for your state program.
- Sponsor Benefits Template (Word Doc): Customize and distribute to potential sponsors to show them the value of their contribution.
Hosting a National Competition (RFP's are not being accepted at this time; for more information please contact 703-684-2454)
- 2012 Year in Review (PDF): Read about the highlights of the 2012 SJWP program and future plans for 2013.
To request additional materials or to discuss the development of the competition in your state, email email@example.com.