WEF Discussions — Now on LinkedIn!

WEF is pleased to announce the creation of free LinkedIn groups associated with its technical discussion forum topics. Through these LinkedIn groups, members will be able to view and participate in discussions, as well as communicate with one another via direct messages. Share your experiences and knowledge, ask questions and respond to other discussions as frequently as you like!

You must have a LinkedIn profile to join a LinkedIn group; you can create your profile here. If you already have a LinkedIn profile, all you need to do is submit a request to join one or all of the following groups:

Water Environment Federation (Main) | Biosolids | Collection Systems | Nutrients | Stormwater 
Utility Management | Water Reuse | Water for Jobs | Watershed Management | Laboratory Practices 

RSS Feed Print
Determining the settlement tank's volume
Hajar
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:55 PM

Hello All,

I am a student and in my project I need to be able to estimate size (at list area) of the primary settlement tank of which I know the flow rate per day (around 330 ML/d), and the actual retention time is less than 20 min. I am not an engineer (I study environmental management with chemistry background), and wonder if I could find any relationship between the flow rate and tank size if the retention time of 2 h is desired.

Thank you very much in advance,

Hajar