Carbon Resources and Recovery Subcommittee
The mission of the Carbon Resources and Recovery Subcommittee of the Residuals and Biosolids Committee is act as a clearing house for information on carbon emission accounting and to identify additional industry research needs as follows:
- Promote scientifically sound carbon emission tracking and accounting practices and regulation.
- Help develop and promote carbon emission accounting practices and policies that assist WEF members in serving the public interest
- To promote cooperation between government agencies, associations, corporations and the public to improve and standardize carbon emission accounting and tracking practices.
- Deliver high-quality products and services to our members and stakeholders.
- Track carbon emission research and sharing relevant information from regional, national, and international organizations with the Carbon Emissions Sub-Committee and RBC
- Identify information “gaps” in GHG inventory models that may be addressed through WERF studies
- Coordinate with other organizations with similar interests, including the WEF Sustainability Community of Practice and the NACWA – Biosolids Management and Climate & Energy Committee
- Coordinate with The Climate Registry and ICLEI on potential modifications to the Local Government Operations Protocol
- Sponsor, organize, and participate in carbon emission accounting information sharing opportunities such as workshops and presentations at the local, regional, and national level.
- Become a technical resource for carbon emissions tracking and accounting information
Patricia A. Scanlan, P.E.
Black & Veatch
8400 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64114
Phone: (913) 458-3155
Cell: (913) 575-1674
FAX: (913) 458-3626
Inflow/Infiltration Program Manager
East Bay Municipal Utility District
375 11th Street
P.O. Box 24055
Oakland, CA 94607
Water Environment Federation
601 Wythe Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (703) 684-2418
Cell: (703) 476-9612
FAX: (703) 684-2492