This scholarship provides $25,000 for a post-baccalaureate student in the water environment field. The scholarship is for education related expenses such as room and board, tuition and books. The scholarship may not be used to cover stipends or wages.
Application Requiremens and Criteria:
- Member of the Water Environment Federation.
- Completed application providing a summary of academic and practical experience in the environmental field.
- Official college/university transcripts.
- Letter of acceptance to a graduate program in the water environment field.
- Recommendations from three persons (at least one of these persons must be a member of the Water Environment Federation) who can attest to the applicant's academic and/or practical experience.
- A detailed statement of degree objectives as related to applicant's career goals and intent to work in the water environment field (750 words minimum; 1,000 words maximum). Statement must accompany the application.
- Recipients of the scholarship are expected to make a commitment to work in the water environment field for two years following completion of the degree.
Applications Accepted From:
Post-baccalaureate students in the water environment field.
Application forms must be completed and submitted along with three letters of reference. Recipient is responsible for taxes due on the award.
Application materials must reach the Water Environment Federation Awards Department before March 1, 2014.
Please print, complete and mail both the application and recommendations to:
Water Environment Federation
Attn: Kelsey Hurst
601 Wythe Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-1994
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Note: The scholarship funds will be dispersed directly to the recipient's college or university at the beginning of the appropriate school term. The college or university will be instructed to apply the funds to the recipient's account to be used for direct educational expenses such as room and board, tuition and books.