The Midyear Meeting primarily provides an opportunity for key volunteer committees to meet face-to-face and develop programming for WEFTEC®, WEF’s annual Technical Exhibition and Conference.
2016 Midyear Meeting
January 27 - 30, 2016
The Westin Colonnade, Coral Gables
180 Aragon Ave.
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Preliminary Schedule of Events (pdf)
The Westin Colonnade, Coral Gables
Group Rate: $269+/night, exclusive of 13% nightly occupancy tax (subject to change). Rate applies to single or double occupancy standard rooms. Rate includes guestroom internet. Rooms with either one King bed or two Double beds are available.
Deadline: January 5, 2016
The group rate is available on a first-come, first-served basis until January 5th or until the room block sells out, whichever occurs first. Neither WEF nor the Hotel can guarantee availability or the group rate for rooms after the January 5th deadline.
Telephone: 1-866-837-4251 (toll-free) or 305-441-2600. Reference Group Code “WEF” when speaking with the live agent.
Deposit Policy: a credit card is required to guarantee your reservation. A deposit equal to one night’s room rate plus occupancy tax ($303.97) will be charged to your card in advance. The deposit will be applied to the first night of your stay. Should you cancel your reservation 72-hours or more prior to arrival, the deposit will be refunded to your credit card. However, if you cancel your reservation less than 72-hours prior to arrival or are a no-show on your guaranteed arrival date, the deposit will be forfeit.
There is no cost to register for the Midyear Meeting. Participation in some meetings & events is by invitation only.
Advance Deadline: January 15, 2016
You may also register on site.
Registration Form (pdf)
Return completed forms to Melissa Rose, Conference Coordinator: email@example.com
How to Register Online
- Select Register Now.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to log-in to WEF’s e-commerce site as a registered user, or to create a new user account.
- Once logged-in, review your Contact Information. Edit if necessary. Select Next.
- The Registration Information page should pre-populate the 2016 Midyear Meeting. Select Next.
- Add sessions. Sessions are sorted in chronological order. Scroll down the page to view the complete list of available sessions. Once you’ve added sessions, select Next at the bottom of the page.
- Indicate if you have any special needs such as kosher or vegan meals, mobility limitations, etc. Select Next.
- Review the Registration Summary page. Edit if necessary. Select Go to Cart and Checkout.
- Review your Cart. Only the Midyear Meeting (parent product) should appear; sessions are not listed in Cart view. Select Checkout.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to Verify Your Billing Address (yes, you must do this even though registration is free). Select Next.
- Select Next on the Item Summary page.
- Select Complete Registration on the Payment page.
- Finally – you should see an Order Summary page, thanking you for registering and listing the Midyear Meeting and all sessions that you selected. You should also receive an auto-generated e-confirmation firstname.lastname@example.org, acknowledging your Midyear Meeting registration (sessions are not listed in the e-confirmation). If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail please contact Conference Coordinator Melissa Rose: (703) 684-2400 ext. 7221 to verify your registration.
About Coral Gables
Coral Gables, the “City Beautiful”, stands out as a rare pearl in South Florida - a cohesive community built on a grand Mediterranean Revival architectural style to create an overall harmony with the environment. Early city planners and visionaries were influenced by the aesthetics of the City Beautiful movement that swept across America in the early 1900s. Inspired by the works of landscape architect Frederick Law Olmstead, who conceived New York's Central Park, the design encouraged the use of wide tree-lined avenues, monumental buildings, winding roadways, green space, ornate plazas and fountains galore. All these elements of style have been and continue to be incorporated by Coral Gables city planners.
Getting To Coral Gables
The Westin Colonnade is approximately five miles (a 10-20 minute ride) from Miami International Airport (MIA). Taxicabs and SuperShuttle vans are available only on the arrival (ground) level of the airport, outside of the baggage claim areas. An advance reservation for SuperShuttle is recommended and can be made online or by calling 305-871-2000. Wheelchair-accessible taxicabs and SuperShuttle vans are available upon request.
A taxi will cost a flat rate of $17 plus tip from MIA to the Westin Colonnade. For specific rates on ground transportation in the Miami area, please click here to view a comprehensive rate chart (pdf).
Getting Around Coral Gables
The hotel is within walking distance of historical parts of Coral Gables offering a wide variety of shopping, dining, and entertainment options. It is also located right on Miracle Mile—with red brick paving, sidewalk cafés, and tropical landscaping—boasting a range of boutiques and specialty stores.
The City of Coral Gables operates a free and convenient trolley system with a stop just steps away from the Westin Colonnade at the intersection of Ponce De Leon Boulevard and Aragon Avenue. This service runs every 10 to 15 minutes from Monday-Friday: 6:30 am - 8:00 pm, except the first Friday of the month which runs until 10:00 pm. Running north to south, the trolley offers easy access to downtown Coral Gables, including Miracle Mile, as well as the Village of Merrick Park and its many shops and restaurants. Please click here for a map with specific route information.
Buses offer easy connections in Coral Gables. The nearest bus stop to the Westin Colonnade is just one block away on Aragon Avenue. The hotel Concierge can assist you with bus routes and fare information.
There is a taxi queue directly across the street from the hotel, with taxis available for convenient transport around Coral Gables and Miami-Dade County.
Dining In Coral Gables
Experience all the dining possibilities that downtown Coral Gables has to offer, from gourmet restaurants to casual dining. Click on the links below for more information.
Future Midyear Meeting Dates
2017: January 25 - 28 | Coral Gables, Florida | The Westin Colonnade