This award commemorates the service of the first president of the Federation, Charles Alvin Emerson, who served from 1928 to 1941, and was its first honorary member. This award is presented to an individual member of the Water Environment Federation whose significant career contributions to the Federation and the water environment profession merit recognition.
Criteria for the award:
- Contributions to promoting and/or improving the standards of our industry through:
a. Developing standards of practice
b. Applied research
c. Relevant teaching/training
d. Relevant publications/books/papers/presentations
e. Relevant professional accomplishments
f. Public policy and regulatory contributions
g. "Thought Leadership"
- Contributions supporting the Federation's mission to the profession through:
a. Leadership in WEF through the House of Delegates, the Board of Trustees, etc.
b. Leadership in WEF Member Associations
c. Leadership in developing relevant conferences/workshops, etc.
d. Leadership in WEF through committees, work groups, etc.
3. Member in good standing of the Water Environment Federation
4. Nominees must meet criteria i, ii, and iii to be eligible for this award
- Online Nomination Form addressing the above criteria
- Two-page curriculum vitae of nominee to include membership history and details
- Specific reasons supporting the nomination (three pages maximum)
- Any other relevant supporting material
Nominations accepted from
WEF Member Associations
Application will be available annually on January 15 and close March 31.