Terms of Service
End User License Agreement
The following Terms of Service grants you access to the publication including all content and documentation (“Licensed Publication”), if any, delivered with it that are attached to or accompanied by this End User License Agreement.
The purchase of a Water Environment Federation (WEF) publication is a License, not a sale of the licensed material or its content. You are granted personal, noncommercial use according to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. By accessing the Licensed Publication, you do not become the owner of it. You do have the right to use it in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
Your use of the Licensed Publication indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
The License and Conditions
WEF grants you a personal non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to access the Licensed Publication for non-commercial use. You may reproduce and store portions of the Licensed Publication content for your personal and noncommercial use. Full-scale reproduction of the Licensed Publication in its entirety is expressly prohibited.
You may not:
- make or distribute unauthorized copies of the Licensed Publication;
- create by decompilation or otherwise the source code of the Licensed Publication;
- use, copy, modify, or transfer the Licensed Publication, in whole or in part, except as expressly permitted by this Agreement;
- translate, decompile, or disassemble the Licensed Publication.
If you transfer possession of the Licensed Publication to a third party, the license is automatically terminated. Such termination will be in addition to any civil or other remedies available to WEF.
- You are granted the right to access all content of the Licensed Publication. You may also print pages of the Licensed Publication for your personal use and reference in connection with your course using the print function included in the program functionality. You may create and save bookmarks, highlights and notes as provided by the functionality of the program.
- You agree to protect the Licensed Publication from unauthorized use, reproduction, or distribution.
- You will notify WEF, 601 Wythe Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, attn: Melissa Jackson, or firstname.lastname@example.org, of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your activation code including unauthorized use or theft of your log in or registration information.
- WEF reserves the right to modify, add or remove content, features and functionality of the Licensed Publication at the publisher's sole discretion.
- Access to the service may be interrupted due to routine site maintenance or by actions beyond the control of WEF such as acts of God and equipment failure.
- You acknowledge that the use of the Licensed Publication is for your personal, non-commercial use only. Multi-use configurations or network distribution of the Licensed Publication is expressly prohibited.
All Sales are final immediately when you begin to download content from the WEF website. You will not have a right to cancel your contract once the service commences.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference to specific commercial businesses, products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise, on any website administered by WEF does not imply its endorsement, recommendation or favoring by WEF.
Changes to this Agreement
WEF reserves the right to change this TERMS OF SERVICE at any time, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating the date the terms were last updated. We encourage you to review our terms of service whenever you use this website.
Copyright and Trademarks
Unless otherwise indicated, WEF owns all rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark and service mark rights, to all materials and documents provided on this website. Licensed Publications may be used for informational purposes only. Full-scale copying of Licensed Publication contents is expressly prohibited. You may not remove, delete, transmit or create derivative works from any of the Licensed Publication content. No part of any chapter of any book may be transmitted in any form by any means or reproduced for any other purpose, without the prior written permission from WEF. Any other use violates this Agreement and is strictly prohibited.
All interfaces, look and feel, navigation schemes, designs and program features and functional of the Licensed Publication are the property of WEF and may not be copied or reproduced or used in derivative works.
THE LICENSED PUBLICATION IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING WIHTOUT LIMITATIONS ACCURACY, OMISSIONS, COMPLETENESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. BECAUSE CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE USE OF THIS SERVICE IS ENTIRLY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WEF BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THIS PUBLICATION. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF WEF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WEF’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless WEF and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, losses and expenses arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on information found from Licensed Publications on this website to the full extent provided by state and Federal law.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and any claims arising directly or indirectly out of any materials contained on this website are subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Severability and Integration
Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and WEF with respect to this website and supercedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and WEF with respect to this site. If any part of this TERMS OF SERVICE is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
Your rights under this Agreement will automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any term of this Agreement. In addition, if you transfer possession of the Licensed Publication to a third party, the license is automatically terminated. Such termination will be in addition to any civil or other remedies available to WEF. In case of such termination, you must cease all use of all Licensed Publications, and WEF may immediately revoke your access to their content without refund of any fees. WEF’s failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of any of its rights.
You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement, and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.