WEF Discussions — Now on LinkedIn!

WEF is pleased to announce the creation of free LinkedIn groups associated with its technical discussion forum topics. Through these LinkedIn groups, members will be able to view and participate in discussions, as well as communicate with one another via direct messages. Share your experiences and knowledge, ask questions and respond to other discussions as frequently as you like!

You must have a LinkedIn profile to join a LinkedIn group; you can create your profile here. If you already have a LinkedIn profile, all you need to do is submit a request to join one or all of the following groups:

Water Environment Federation (Main) | Biosolids | Collection Systems | Nutrients | Stormwater 
Utility Management | Water Reuse | Water for Jobs | Watershed Management | Laboratory Practices 

RSS Feed Print
VFD control of Mamoth Rotors in Oxidation Ditch
Greg Gress
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 10:36 AM

We are in the process of setting SCADA language to control two 30 HP brush rotors in our oxidation ditch. We have never had constant DO monitoring until we installed them for this project. What an eye opener. Has anyone set up VFD's to control speed of brush rotors? My max and min rotor RPM limits are 33 - 66.

gg

Tom Hons
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:30 PM

What is the eyeopener you refer to?   This mainly domestic wwtp has 2 fixed speed rotors, w/out reliable DO monitoring, so I'm curious what we'd see if there was.  I set one rotor to be off from 11pm to 6am, when loading is low, but it's a guess.  Can't you set scada with a specific DO target and let the rotors speed vary to achieve that?