RSS Feed Print
In-Process Nitrate Analyzer (Probe)
Ann Mastroianni
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 12:47 PM

Hi everyone,

We are considering adding an in-process nitrate probe to our treatment process.  Any suggestions?  We have researched the HACH products.  We have to "go out to bid" due to the cost of these systems, so I need some other manufacturers.

Thanks for any info.

Ann M.

Anonymous
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 3:48 PM

This is more than a nitrate analyzer, Applied Spectrometry Associates Inc. "Chem Scan"

Mark Milne
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 1:37 PM

The ChemScan or equal is what is named in our spec book. Has anyone seen one of these work?

Thomas Jenkins
Posted: Monday, July 5, 2010 11:26 AM

You might consider Biochem - some of my customers have had good luck with them.

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 7:18 AM

You don't need a Chemscan unit to give you the data that you want. Hach and Endress+Hauser both have combination insitu probes that measure ammonia and nitrate. The both work equally well and are accurate enough for process control.  None are "maintenance free" but much less maintenance and lower capital cost when compared to Chemscan.  

Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:07 PM

We have ChemScan and have been very reliable.  They also do ammonia and phosphorus, that is where the real value is.  The Hach optical nitrate meter is simple and cheap if that is all you want.

Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:00 AM
Hey, good to find someone who ageres with me. GMTA.
Wayne Schutz
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 7:59 AM

Good Morning;  During the September flood which devastated our WWTP, our AlkaPro system was destroyed.  Since the AlkaPro is no longer manufactured, we are trying to find a suitable equivalent, specifically looking for on-line, real time alkalinity and ammonia nitrogen analyses.  Thanks for any suggestions.
Robert Smith
Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 10:17 AM

YSI also offers sensors to measure nitrate in situ as part of their IQ SensorNet system.