The Stockholm Junior Water Prize competition consists of four levels: regional, state, national, and international. Awards are given at each of these levels to recognize student achievement in water-related research.
SJWP Regional Winners Receive:
- An SJWP regional certificate
- A nomination to compete in the SJWP state competition
- A one-year complimentary WEF student membership
Note: The competition is open to all qualifying students whether or not they have participated in a science fair. Students may self-nominate.
SJWP State Winners Receive:
- An all-expense-paid trip to Herndon, Virginia, to compete in the national competition June 13-14, 2014.
- An SJWP state medal
Note: Some states present their state winners with additional awards. For information on your specific state, consult the State Deadlines and Awards List.
SJWP National Runners-Up Receive (Up to two projects):
- A $1000 scholarship (per project)
- A framed certificate depicting them as a SJWP National Finalist
The SJWP National Winner Receives:
- A $10,000 scholarship and the national trophy (per project)
- An all-expense-paid trip with their science teacher to Stockholm, Sweden, to compete in the international SJWP competition (specific dates to be posted early 2014). For more information about the international competition, visit www.SIWI.org.
- A framed certificate depicting them as the U.S. SJWP Winner.
The SJWP International Winner Receives:
- $5,000 USD and the international trophy