Enabling the Future: Advancing Resource Recovery from Biosolids
07/24/2013 - 1:00 - 3:00 pm Eastern
WEF members have unlimited
access to this, and other live and archived recordings via WEFCOM
Interested in becoming an all access
WEF Member? Learn More Here
Explore more archived webcasts
and other online products that are available for sale at the Knowledge Center
Wendell Khunjar's Presentation - Webcast Recording
The theme of biosolids as a renewable resource is perhaps the key to repositioning both the role and value of biosolids. This webcast highlights the work compiled in "Enabling the Future: Advancing Resource Recovery from Biosolids”, a recent WEF report exploring ongoing activities in resource recovery, existing and emerging opportunities, potential challenges, and actions required to fully leverage biosolids’ resource potential.
- “Enabling the Future” further explores the frameworks, technologies, and outreach needed to fully leverage the resource potential of municipal wastewater solids.
- Specific focus areas include regulations/policies, organics recycling and carbon footprints, energy recovery, nutrient recovery, and support structures to enable resource recovery.
- For each topic area, trends, opportunities and challenges are addressed.
- Lynne H. Moss, P.E., BCEE, CDM Smith
- Christine Polo, Black & Veatch
- Wendell O. Khunjar, Ph.D., Hazen and Sawyer
- Todd O. Williams, P.E., BCEE, CH2M HILL
- Lisa McFadden, Water Environment Federation (Moderator)
There will be 2.0 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) offered for
this webcast. Please check with your state accreditation agency to
determine if you qualify.
- WEF's Residuals and Biosolids Committee
Questions about this webcast should be sent to email@example.com.