Enabling the Future: Advancing Resource Recovery from Biosolids
07/24/2013 - 1:00 - 3:00 pm Eastern
This webcast has now passed. Please check the Webcasts page
for information on any plans for future offerings. If you are
interested in viewing the webcast recordings, please use the following links.
Wendell Khunjar's Presentation - Webcast Recording
The theme of biosolids as a renewable resource is perhaps the key to repositioning both the role and value of biosolids. This webcast highlights the work compiled in "Enabling the Future: Advancing Resource Recovery from Biosolids”, a recent WEF report exploring ongoing activities in resource recovery, existing and emerging opportunities, potential challenges, and actions required to fully leverage biosolids’ resource potential.
- “Enabling the Future” further explores the frameworks, technologies, and outreach needed to fully leverage the resource potential of municipal wastewater solids.
- Specific focus areas include regulations/policies, organics recycling and carbon footprints, energy recovery, nutrient recovery, and support structures to enable resource recovery.
- For each topic area, trends, opportunities and challenges are addressed.
- Lynne H. Moss, P.E., BCEE, CDM Smith
- Christine Polo, Black & Veatch
- Wendell O. Khunjar, Ph.D., Hazen and Sawyer
- Todd O. Williams, P.E., BCEE, CH2M HILL
- Lisa McFadden, Water Environment Federation (Moderator)
This webcast is being offered at no charge.
There will be 2.0 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) offered for
this webcast. Please check with your state accreditation agency to
determine if you qualify.
- WEF's Residuals and Biosolids Committee
Questions about this webcast should be sent to email@example.com.