Strategies and Solutions for Addressing Today’s Workforce Issues
08/14/2012 - 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Eastern
This webcast has now passed. Please check the Webcasts page for information on any plans for future offerings. If you are interested in viewing the webcast recording, please use the following GoToWebinar link: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/591835752
Workforce issues can be found at all levels of a water sector utility, from top leadership and management to veteran operations staff to the most recent hire. Addressing these issues effectively requires the right combination of vision, strategy, and proven practice. This webcast will highlight both some of the pressing issues facing utilities and how agencies are dealing with them through innovative approaches to training, knowledge management, and effective use of technology. The presenters combine decades of experience in utility management and operations, research, education, and employee and leadership training and development. The case examples are not only success stories and proven practices, but they are readily available and duplicable for anyone who is ready to employ them.
- Overview of most pressing workforce issues for water sector agencies and how leaders and managers are addressing them -- both with vision and strategy, as well as with effective programs and practices.
- How utilities in Colorado are developing the next generation of supervisors and leaders.
- Case example from California on how to implement training that develops both understanding and ability (competency).
- Overview of knowledge management and what you need to do to “get it right.”
- Case example from Georgia on how to capture and transfer decades of practical experience using modern technology.
- Melanie Fahrenbruch, M.Ed., MJF Consulting, LLC
- James Mcpherson, Training Coordinator, Union Sanitary Destrict
- Jeff Oxenford, Managing Analyst, Stratus Consulting
- Tyler Richards, Deputy Director of Operations, Gwinnett County, Georgia Water Resources
- Jim Ginley, Senior Consultant, Red Oak Consulting, an ARCADIS Group (Moderator)
This is a no-charge webcast.
Utility Management Committee
Questions about this webcast should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.