Clean Water Isn't Free? Communicating about Rates
06/26/2012 - 2:00 p.m.
WEF members have unlimited
access to this, and other live and archived recordings via WEFCOM
Interested in becoming an all access
WEF Member? Learn More Here
Explore more archived webcasts
and other online products that are available for sale at the Knowledge Center
There's a lot for people to understand about rates before they start hearing about rate increases. As a water professional, you have likely heard complaints from customers who balk at a rate increase. What can you do to assure them that you have their best interests at heart? Please join us for a no-charge webcast on June 26 at 2:00 p.m. EDT for answers.
- Communicating to the Public
- Communicating to Elected and Appointed Officials
Speakers:• (Moderator) Betty Jordan, Principal, Manager of Technology, Alan Plummer Associates, Inc.
- See rate increases from the public’s viewpoint
- Communicate the value of water
- Explain the drivers of costs
- Prepare yourself for objections at public meetings
- Discuss rate changes with elected officials and wholesale customers
• Sara Katz, President, Katz & Associates, Inc.
• Fiona Allen, Northern Regional Manager, Trinity River Authority of Texas
WEF Public Communication and Outreach Committee