Clean Water Isn't Free? Communicating about Rates
06/26/2012 - 2:00 p.m.
This webcast has now passed. Please check the Webcasts page for information on any plans for future offerings. If you are interested in viewing the webcast recording, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There's a lot for people to understand about rates before they start hearing about rate increases. As a water professional, you have likely heard complaints from customers who balk at a rate increase. What can you do to assure them that you have their best interests at heart? Please join us for a no-charge webcast on June 26 at 2:00 p.m. EDT for answers.
- Communicating to the Public
- Communicating to Elected and Appointed Officials
Speakers:• (Moderator) Betty Jordan, Principal, Manager of Technology, Alan Plummer Associates, Inc.
- See rate increases from the public’s viewpoint
- Communicate the value of water
- Explain the drivers of costs
- Prepare yourself for objections at public meetings
- Discuss rate changes with elected officials and wholesale customers
• Sara Katz, President, Katz & Associates, Inc.
• Fiona Allen, Northern Regional Manager, Trinity River Authority of Texas
WEF Public Communication and Outreach Committee