UV for High Level Disinfection in Water Reuse - Various Perspectives on Emerging Issues
11/28/2012 - 1:00 - 3:00 pm Eastern
WEF members have unlimited
access to this, and other live and archived recordings via WEFCOM
Interested in becoming an all access
WEF Member? Learn More Here
Explore more archived webcasts
and other online products that are available for sale at the Knowledge Center
The use of UV equipment to achieve high-level disinfection has
provided a variety of new perspectives and information related to the
application of UV in water reuse. Utilities are looking for the most cost
effective and efficient application of UV to achieve disinfection requirements.
Operations staff require guidance on proper operations and maintenance of
equipment. Testing agencies want to ensure that validation procedures are
accurate for the equipment being tested.
Therefore many sectors have
interest in assuring that UV equipment is applied to achieve high-level
disinfection requirements. Recently, the National Water Research Institute
published an update to the 2003 Ultraviolet Disinfection Guidelines that
provides additional information on validation testing. This webcast will cover
updates to the NWRI guidelines, UV technologies for reuse, and utility
perspectives for using UV disinfection and dual disinfection.
- Utility perspective on research conducted to achieve high level disinfection
- Operation considerations for UV equipment in high level disinfection applications
- Recent changes to NWRI requirements to assist in more accurate validation of equipment
- Naoko Munakata, Project Engineer, Los Angeles County
- Andy Salveson, Vice President, Carollo
Mosher, National Water Resource Institute
- Bob Emerick, Stantec
- Gary Hunter, Senior Wastewater Process Specialist, Black & Veatch
This webcast is
being offered at no-charge. There will be 2.0 Professional Development Hours
(PDHs) offered for this webcast. Please check with your state accreditation
agency to determine if you qualify.
- WEF's Disinfection and Public Health Committee
- International Ultraviolet
Questions about this webcast should be sent to email@example.com.