Wet Weather Disinfection: Issues and Challenges (11-30-2011)
11/30/2011 - 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
This webcast has now passed. Please check the Webcasts page for information on any
plans for future offerings. If you are interested in viewing the webcast
recording, please email email@example.com.
One of the more difficult challenges posed by NPDES
permitting is disinfecting either combined sewer or wet weather overflows.
These flows are high-capacity, short-duration events that pose design and
operational challenges. In addition, many utilities are required to monitor
for a variety of microorganisms as a means of showing public health protection.
This webcast will cover the following topics:
of microorganisms typically found in wet weather flows
- Disinfection alternatives for meeting permit compliance during wet
- Utility Perspective on Design considerations for
wet weather disinfection
- Designers, Utility Managers,
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operation Staff
- Rebecca Ives, Michigan State University
- Biju George, Greater Cincinnati Water Works
Hunter, Black & Veatch Corporation (Moderator)
- Disinfection and Public Health Committee